Autore Topic: Kultura pipica  (Letto 15757 volte)

Offline NCH

• Cavaliere di San Dunillo
    • Mostra profilo
Re:Kultura pipica
« Risposta #60 il: 22 Febbraio 2018, 13:16:40 »
I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Offline NCH

• Mostra profilo
« Risposta #61 il: 22 Febbraio 2018, 18:10:53 »
E c'č pure che precarbonizza  i fornelli vergini!

http://www.fumeursdepipe.net/preculottage.htm

Offline Cristiano

• Moderatore globale
  • Sovrano Grande Pipatore Generale
    • Mostra profilo
    • http://www.studiolegaleciani.it
« Risposta #62 il: 22 Febbraio 2018, 18:25:56 »
La stessa Dunhill consiglia, nel libretto che allega alle pipa, il miele per formare il "nerofumo" (tremenda traduzione di "carbon").
"Bohhh tieniti le tue adorate dunhill e pipe da snobe i tuoi tabacchi da bancarella del mercato" Cit. toscano f.e.

Cave Secretarium

www.studiolegaleciani.it

Offline NCH

• Mostra profilo
« Risposta #63 il: 23 Febbraio 2018, 08:40:45 »

Here is my solution to the rustication dilemma. In the past, I have typically made few rusticated pipes because they're a huge amount of work, more labor than sandblasting by far, and they're often expected to sell for less. This leads most makers to do pretty simple rustications, from the factory "bumpy leather" sort of looks to the frequently awful-looking Dremel-carved varieties where you can see every tool mark. On top of all this, the briar blocks I'm using have been aging over 60 years since being cut, so they're hard as rock... making the surface carving a *really* heavy-muscle affair. In the past I've dealt with this conundrum by simply not doing many rustications, but in recent years a number of makers have brought rustication up in scale as a form of finishing art of its own, and I decided to make a couple pipes this way as a trial run. I chose to put *everything* into these two - Long, extended carving using a half dozen different carving tools PLUS staged sandblasting as well, to really go all-out in creating an extremely dramatic surface texture. It's DEEP. The choice to rusticate must be made well in advance during shaping, as the walls need to be much thicker than usual to allow for this much texture... No doing this on thin walls! It takes me a half day's work JUST to create the finish texture and each one gives me a sore wrist and elbow, but the result is, I hope, worth it for a unique and wild coral-like surface. The downside is that with all that labor, they must be priced to match, so ultimately it's up to you, the pipe buyer, to decide - Is this a finish worth the extra money? If these two sell, I will certainly make more like them, because personally I absolutely love them, on top of the fact that they should make really excellent smokers given the combination of old briar, deep carving, and wall thickness... yet with deceptively light weight too, thanks to the deep carving itself

I took this pipe a few steps further than its horn twin from this update, with a more focused combination of carving and sandblasting. I must admit, usually I am not a fan of "carved sandblasts" - A lot of them just look really clunky and bad, with very obvious "fake rings" and a general sort of "man-made" look that doesn't blend with the natural beauty of a sandblast texture, at least to my eye. Here, yes, I DID carve the surface in line with the flow of the grain, so it has what are somewhat visible age rings apparent, but it was an alternating process of carving, blasting, breaking up the blasted surface, blasting again, and repeat. In the end,. I'm very pleased - It's WAY out there as rustications go, and I like the fact that the grain of the wood is still visible and enjoyable even through and across all that rustication work. Heck, there are even places on the bowl surface that are so deep that there are a few natural "bridges" formed.

The pipe is unstained, which was lucky as I think it makes a beautiful color harmony with the almost-pure milky-white of the handcut horn stem. I'm really (and unusually) happy with my photography results on both of these horn stems on these new Collectors - For once I managed to capture the fine grain of the material, even as subtle as it is on these lighter-colored stems. I left the bowl coating out of this one in keeping with its general "all natural" theme, though I can always add one should the buyer request. The gentle arc of stem and shank are, I think, pure Talbert Workshop.

Talbert

Offline NCH

• Mostra profilo
« Risposta #64 il: 25 Febbraio 2018, 08:28:53 »

Offline NCH

• Mostra profilo
« Risposta #65 il: 25 Febbraio 2018, 19:05:08 »

Offline enrikon

• Mostra profilo
« Risposta #66 il: 25 Febbraio 2018, 21:29:51 »
Talbert

Questa č allucinante. Se devi ridurre cosė una pipa per non volerla stuccare, c'č qualcosa che non va.

Offline NCH

• Mostra profilo
« Risposta #67 il: 25 Febbraio 2018, 21:43:47 »
A me piace, tra l'altro per fare una pipa normalmente sabbiata o rusticata ci vuole sempre pių tempo che a mettere un po' di stucco..
« Ultima modifica: 25 Febbraio 2018, 22:08:27 da NCH »

Offline NCH

• Mostra profilo

Offline NCH

• Mostra profilo

Offline NCH

• Mostra profilo
« Risposta #70 il: 01 Marzo 2018, 08:23:17 »

Offline NCH

• Mostra profilo
« Risposta #71 il: 02 Marzo 2018, 22:12:45 »

Offline NCH

• Mostra profilo

Offline NCH

• Mostra profilo

Offline NCH

• Mostra profilo